Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Fashion in Film on display in Oshkosh

The Paine Art Center in Oshkosh, WI, has a wonderful new exhibit now.
On Saturday, I spent 2 hours just ooh-ing and ahh-ing at all the gorgeous costumes on display. It was $7 well spent!

Although there are many lovely pieces on display, of special interest to me were the following :

  • The green dancing dress from Elizabeth (before she became Queen)
  • Karen Blixen's wedding dress from Out of Africa
  • The gorgeous gown from the Drew Barrymore Cinderella Story, EverAfter (I was so enanmored of this dress when that film came out, that I actually purchased the video so I could more closely study this lovely dress based on a 1500s style. It's much better in person than I ever imagined--with silk imported from India and lots of beads and pearls ... Too bad we couldn't touch them!

The company who owns the costumes, and gets commissioned to make period pieces for film is CosProp, Ltd. from London.

Now I have a new list of movies I want to see, too!

No comments: